My name is Sina Ghaffari and I am a PhD student at the University of Victoria.
I am a multidisciplinary person! I do hardware design and software programming.
I am also very facitnated by Machine learning, both traditional machine learning and deep learning.
My research field is Computer Vision Algorithms and their hardware implementation.
If you are interested in knowing me more, please scroll down!
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Research area: Hardware implementation of Computer Vision!
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (Digital Electronics), Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (Electronics), University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
- Diploma in Allame Tabatabai High School, Tehran, Iran
- Programming in different languages: C , C++, Python
- Hardware design languages: Verilog HDL, VHDL
- Expert in Matlab- Familiar with Rstudio
- Deep Learning Farmework: Caffe
- Machine Learning tool: Weka
- PCB design: Kicad, Altium Designer, Proteus Design Suite
- Microcontroller design: Atmel Studio, Codevision AVR, MPLAB, Keil, Eclipse
Web Development Skills
- HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL
- Bootstrap framework
- Ranked 636 among more than 87,000 participants in the nationwide university entrance exam(“Konkor”) (2010)
- First Rank in Master's Program (2017)
- University of Victoria Fellowship for PhD (2018)
- University of Victoria Fellowship for PhD (2019)
- S. Ghaffari and A. A. Raie, "Pedestrian detection using improved proposal boxes and grayscale convolutional learning", Accepted for Oral Presentation at "The 10th Iranian Conference on Machine Vision and Image Processing (MVIP2017)," Tehran, Iran, 2017.
- S. Ghaffari and S. Sharifian, "FPGA-based convolutional neural network accelerator design using high level synthesize," 2nd International Conference of Signal Processing and Intelligent Systems (ICSPIS), Tehran, Iran, 2016.
- S. Ghaffari and P.Soleimani, "Analyzing Hotel Reviews and Summarizing them based on Frequent Words", 2019 Matrix Institute for Applied Data Science Symposium, Victoria, Canada, 2019.
- S. Ghaffari, P.Soleimani, Kin F. Li, David W. Capson, "FPGA-based Implementation of HOG Algorithm: Techniques and Challenges," 2019 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and Signal Processing, Victoria BC., Canada, 2019.
My work profile
Check out my latest codes!
Interested in my latest papers?